University of Southern California
Graduate Student Researcher • Aug, 2018 — Present
Working on a Data-Driven Journalism based project under Prof. Yao-Yi Chiang to uncover interesting patterns from Los Angeles crime data.
University of Southern California (Graduate School)
Student Assistant Programmer • Jan, 2018 — Nov, 2018
Led the development of an administrative dashboard to manage, model and analyze graduate students’ data.
WebShar India Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Software Engineer • June, 2013 — Nov, 2017
- Achieved a performance gain of 50% by rewriting the existing Rule Engine module to generate highly relevant clinical coding suggestions for clinical phrases in the medical notes.
- Improved the precision and recall metrics of the NLP engine to the range of 90-95% by developing a Java-based pre-processing engine to identify sentences, sections, list items etc. from medical notes.
- Collaborated in the development of a platform to monitor and process a large number of medical notes with the help of CDH (Cloudera Distribution Including Apache Hadoop).
- Developed a search service using Apache Lucene to get clinical coding suggestions for the given clinical phrase.
- Built a Topic Modeling system to derive categories from medical notes using the implementation of Latent Dirichlet Allocation algorithm from scikit-learn
- Implemented and evaluated classification models using scikit-learn to identify risk level associated with patients based on their medical history.
- Engineered a medical notes encryption pipeline in Java using AWS Encryption SDK.
- Spearheaded the development of an administrative dashboard using Spring MVC & AngularJS to manage access levels of all the applications in the platform.
Collaborative-filtering based movie recommendation system built using the MovieLens dataset.
Web application developed in CodeIgniter that uses models trained with ID3 and C4.5 algorithms to predict the performance of undergraduate students based on their past academic & personal details.
A PHP-based web application to collect and manage the academic and personal details of students and generate campus recruitment specific statistics.
Web application built using React, Express & MongoDB to track savings for the items in the wishlist.
Spring Boot, CodeIgniter, ASP.NET, jQuery, React, Kendo UI, AngularJs, MongoDB, SQL Server, Docker, AWS, Apache Spark, Apache Lucene, IPython, Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn